Who is this course aimed at?
A first-aider must have an appropriate first-aid qualification and the qualification must be appropriate to the ages of the children in their care. Our paediatric first aid e-learning course gives learners the opportunity to undertake online paediatric first-aid training which forms part of the requirements needed for learners to go onto achieve the accredited award in Paediatric First Aid Level 3.
This Paediatric First Aid course is ideal for anyone looking after infants and children such as carers, childminders and schools.
• Roles and responsibilities of a paediatric first aider
• Assessing an emergency situation
• Providing first aid to an infant or child who is unresponsive, choking or has external bleeding
• Providing first aid to an infant or child with a suspected bone fracture or dislocation; head, neck or back injury
• An infant or child with a condition that affects the ears, eyes and nose; burns or scalds, an acute medical condition or sudden illness, a minor injury, shock
• An infant or a child experiencing the effects of extreme heat or cold
• An infant or child who has sustained an electric shock or been poisoned
• Proving first aid to an infant or child with anaphylaxis.
Blended Learning (Online and Practical) – 2 days
Blended learning combines the online learning (1 day) with the practical training (which is delivered on day 2). This comprehensive course equips delegates with the knowledge and practical skills needed to provide paediatric first aid within their workplace.
Assessment - 6-8 hours, multiple choice questions with a certified certificate on completion.
We offer a variety of first aid courses delivered in a way that suits you and your business. A minimum of 12 delegates per booking. However, if you don’t have large numbers of employees to book onto this course then we can offer the option of grouping delegates with other organisations. We can deliver training in-house or delegates can attend at another venue, to be agreed on booking.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.